Search the forum,

Discuss Which Flexi connector to use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

honeymonster

Hi folks, apologies if this is a simple question. I have fitted myself a bath before and somehow I luckily ended up getting the right bits and it hasnt leaked yet! I need to fit a bath in my new house and was wandering what flexi connectors I need to connect to the taps. I know the 15 and 22mm relates to the pipe size, but not sure what the bore is. Which do i need to connect my 15mm pipe to bath taps, they do all these??:

15mm x 1/2" 10mm
15mm x 1/2" 13mm
15mm x 3/4" 13mm
15mm x 15mm Stand Pipe 13mm Bore
15mm x 15mm speedfit 13mm Bore
22mm x 3/4" 13mm Bore

thanks in advance

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that mate, wasn't sure if it was for the tap connector size. Are basin taps 1/2 then?

and whats the difference between
15mm x 1/2" 10mm
15mm x 1/2" 13mm
??

cheers

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
15mm x 1/2" 10mm

15mm = Size of Pipe
1/2" = size of taps
10mm = Size of Flexi Pipe

The difference between the two that you mentioned is the bore of the flexi pipe, the bigger the better as a smaller bore will increase resistance and therefore reduce pressure.

Yes basin taps are 1/2"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Flexi connector to use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock