Search the forum,

Discuss Which Flexi connector to use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

honeymonster

Hi folks, apologies if this is a simple question. I have fitted myself a bath before and somehow I luckily ended up getting the right bits and it hasnt leaked yet! I need to fit a bath in my new house and was wandering what flexi connectors I need to connect to the taps. I know the 15 and 22mm relates to the pipe size, but not sure what the bore is. Which do i need to connect my 15mm pipe to bath taps, they do all these??:

15mm x 1/2" 10mm
15mm x 1/2" 13mm
15mm x 3/4" 13mm
15mm x 15mm Stand Pipe 13mm Bore
15mm x 15mm speedfit 13mm Bore
22mm x 3/4" 13mm Bore

thanks in advance

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that mate, wasn't sure if it was for the tap connector size. Are basin taps 1/2 then?

and whats the difference between
15mm x 1/2" 10mm
15mm x 1/2" 13mm
??

cheers

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
15mm x 1/2" 10mm

15mm = Size of Pipe
1/2" = size of taps
10mm = Size of Flexi Pipe

The difference between the two that you mentioned is the bore of the flexi pipe, the bigger the better as a smaller bore will increase resistance and therefore reduce pressure.

Yes basin taps are 1/2"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Flexi connector to use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and the washers didn’t fit. Just would not fit over the little spigot that sits just inside the tap. I ended up using different washers which were baggy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock