Discuss Where to put waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr williams, in your opinion, would we be better off making this website a blank page with the words "get a plumber in" written on it?
if all these people are capable or more than capable as marsaday says he is why are they asking questions i would expect a first year apprentice to be able to answer

Maybe because they are technically capable of doing the plumbing work but don't want to fall foul of regs that they may not be aware of. I am technically capable of most work but often choose to use a plumber for some works. I find that whilst they are onsite they are only too happy to advise on works that I am doing myself. My usual firm will often suggest that I do certain elements myself.

Considering the quality of some so called professional plumbers I find it commendable that a potential client checks out how things could or should be done, that way people like ratboy aka jamie with his magic torch, might get put out of business

I have just altered a number of exsisting waste pipes in the same street. The local water inspector had investigated contamination of the rain water drain and several people in the street had been sent letters warning them of being taken to court if they did not get them altered. Most of the bathrooms had been installed by the home owners themselves and had no idea or had not checked what drains they had.

Thanks for replies.

Spoken to BC and he says our street is a dual system, so they all discharge into foul water.

I can use a new hopper where i am wanting to (rather than extend the current one) and he will ok this, but he says it is not really allowed. however, he is private and is very flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to put waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock