Discuss Where do i stand regarding customers non payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashtonjay

I knew something was fishy from the start but the customer has literally waited for me to finish his bathroom today before telling me he hasn't got any money so
he cant pay me
i am about £480 down on materials and £2250 labour
the materials mainly consist of pipe,wastes,traps,pan connectors etc (nothing big like bath,toilet or sinks
he has been very sly all along and the builder and sparky have been treated the same
he has also hid behind his missis a lot

my friends advice ranges from take stuff from the house to things i wont mention on here

any advice fellas

this hasn't happened to me before though as builder friend of mins says it happens to builders about once every 3-5 years and i should just move on

Do you have anything in writing? Small claims court maybe, happened to me last year, only £600. Eventually got it back, payed in tiny installments

I knew something was fishy from the start but the customer has literally waited for me to finish his bathroom today before telling me he hasn't got any money so
he cant pay me
i am about £480 down on materials and £2250 labour
the materials mainly consist of pipe,wastes,traps,pan connectors etc (nothing big like bath,toilet or sinks
he has been very sly all along and the builder and sparky have been treated the same
he has also hid behind his missis a lot

my friends advice ranges from take stuff from the house to things i wont mention on here

any advice fellas

this hasn't happened to me before though as builder friend of mins says it happens to builders about once every 3-5 years and i should just move on

You could try going to his place of work and asking him for payment 2 or 3 times That may make him pay up.

Feel for you mate. I agree with Simon, maybe first let him know your intentions, that might frighten him to find some money.

When he says he hasn't got any money does he mean he hasn't got ANY money?

Money Claim Online or Sheriffs Office?

yep do this but first send them a few demands for payment by recorded delivery you need a paper trail to prove to the court you have made reasonable attempts to recoveryour debt. send them a final demand for payment. then take them to court. very important to keep a paper trail.

forgot to add it can be a long process getting your money back but if the cust realises you mean business they may cave in and pay up.

worst thing you can do is let it go. its your money chase it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In answer to the question 'where do i stand'

The reply is

'next to the soilstack with a cordless drill and an expanding foam gun'

Failing that address several invoices addressed to the non paying scumbag from xxxxxaddress
And post to all his neighbours(accidentally) then they all know what a turd he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do i stand regarding customers non payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock