Search the forum,

Discuss when you agree to an online payment and leave your bank details in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
presuming you ever do, how long do you wait after not receiving payment before you remind them?

A weeek. After that, I will send them a reminder (but if it's a regular custard, I have been known to leave it for months, and when I then remind them, most times it turns out they just forgot?)

i fear i might be a bit of a pest. it's just usually when i leave bank details they say something like "i'll get that sorted tonight/tomorrow/right away/asap"

so it sort of makes me feel i've a right to nudge 'em. but perhaps not.

Don`t think its unreasonable to contact them after 3 days myself. Maybe 2 if I had doubts about them.

Next day! When was the last time you went to sainsburys and said I'll pay you next week?

Last edited:
Just say I can do it now if you like make sure it goes through? Or get a card machine

I prefer payment via Bacs although after about 1 week I sometimes have to remind them reply is always the same sorry I forgot because I never had a piece of paper there to remind me(I send quotations and invoices via email) a whole lot easier in my opinion.
The worst part of self employment in my opinion is asking/chasing payment don't think that should be needed,As others have said would not go to ASDA do weekly shop and ask them to send bill.

The only time I think it's acceptable to wait for payment, is when you've done the work for a business.

By not demanding/accepting payment immediately, yu give them the option to in effect 'pay when they want to'. So as expected, some will need to be reminded. How soon you do that is up to you.
Sainsburys on the other hand will expect payment before you leave the store. If not, it is classed as theft.

The only time I think it's acceptable to wait for payment, is when you've done the work for a business.

They are usually the ones getting it done at the cheapest rates too

I did a job for Bolton Gate Co. a few months ago, had a couple of referrals from it too.
It was an over-filling WC and a leaky ISO, when I finished I handed them the invoice and they said 'we'll pay you out of petty cash this time, but future jobs will be on terms. We will push for 28 day terms for you, but most trades are paid on a quarterly basis, give us your bank details.'
Not sure how I will react if they phone me for an expensive job in the future...

I know how I would react. I would go and have a look. Tell them how much and say ill fix it in 90 days when they are ready to pay.

I usually give people 7 days but only had to chase 1 person up so far.

As for waiting 90 days I would tell to not bother phoning me. I do work for a letting agents and that's 30 days maximum and that's bad enough but it comes straight out of the rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to when you agree to an online payment and leave your bank details in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock