Discuss When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.
I have been out to loads of quotes over the years 40 + god knows 10,000 + and if the job did not suit us maybe at the time, or we were busy or you
in my opinion were looking like you might not be able to pay
then I would just park you...however sometimes they might come back nicely then it would be worth it
chking

I disagre completely. This not how our trade works.

Everyone knows that if you dont want the job, you put a silly high price in..

J

I am always afraid to do what you said (put a silly high estimate in) in case the customer comes back to me wanting the job done that I was trying to side step! :)

Last edited:
Many's the time I've "stuck a nought on" (another name for a giving a go away price ) and they've said "yes" and I've had to say "I'm too busy".
Now I just don't bother getting back to them

Reminds me of a

I am always afraid to do what you said (put a silly high estimate in) in case the customer comes back to me wanting the job done that I was trying to side step! :)
Isn't that a win though? Set those expectation with the customer clearly and forthrightly!

OP. Truth is, most people offering work do so on terms often unacceptable to those asked to look at it. By way of examples, it could be an insistance that something is done that simply will not work correctly or that a make of kit is installed that is utter junk.

I used to try to talk people round but one quickly realises you are wasting your breath - plumbers are simply not respected. I also tried saying the job wasn't for me (I dont want it) but people then often became abusive.

The fact of the matter is that you are suffering from our societal lack of empathy.

If you want someone to quote you, call them in and ask for their honest professional opinion - and then listen to it and act upon it. The likelyhood is that youll get a proper job and youll be happy. What you will not get tho is a cheap job. Good & cheap are impossible ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.

What is it you are asking of them? What is it you want doing? Maybe there’s asbestos removal and they are waiting in a quote from a company to remove? Maybe they don’t want the job or some have said are too busy? Some people are also persnickety, which I would personally avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock