Discuss When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.

Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.
Don’t read too much into it mate. We just get busy. Send him a gentle text reminder that you are still waiting.

Any good plumber will be busy. It’s the ones twiddling their thumbs you want to avoid.
True a lot of the time but there are rare instances when this isn’t the case. I.e recommended engineers.

• Agree
Reactions: WC1
I'll be honest, if there's a pattern to it then something about the job or the customer is putting them off.
If they're random contacts then it's much more likely they'll not get back if they're not completely happy.
Getting a contractor through someone you know not only gives you more confidence in them but also gives them more confidence in you.

Nothing strange about that behaviour.
Remember you likely are only one of numerous people who will be contacting most of the plumbers.
Many will not need your job or your money to be honest.

I do that frequently - call to look at job and never come back with an estimate.
If I am busy, or the job looks to be very involving, or shoddy plumbing supposedly to connect to, or if the potential customer is expecting miracles, or is the type that has already got several other prices, or seems dodgy, then I stay clear.

Nothing strange about that behaviour.
Remember you likely are only one of numerous people who will be contacting most of the plumbers.
Many will not need your job or your money to be honest.

I do that frequently - call to look at job and never come back with an estimate.
If I am busy, or the job looks to be very involving, or shoddy plumbing supposedly to connect to, or if the potential customer is expecting miracles, or is the type that has already got several other prices, or seems dodgy, then I stay clear.

I disagre completely. This not how our trade works.

Everyone knows that if you dont want the job, you put a silly high price in....

J

I forget people every now and then. Give them a reminder.

How long have you left it? For bigger jobs it's quite common for me to take a couple of weeks. But some people seem to think you will have it done in a day or 2.

We were trying to get some slabs laid and a fence done. We tried 6 landscape gardeners 3 called us back 2 came out not 1 quote though. 1 of them got back to us about 2 weeks ago (obviously gone quiet) and said I just need to come back and measure up again. We said dont bother as I've done it myself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock