Discuss What you would say - if you could - to a customer who insists on watching.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I'd say 'There are only two things likely to occur if you watch me. One: Despite my best efforts there is a reasonable chance I will forget to do something or cut a small corner. The exact opposite of what you are hoping to ensure against. Two: I will be compelled to repeatedly pull up my trousers to protect against my ever sociable buttflaps attempting to offer their services. This I will resent."

Customer comes watching, stop all work and then do everything very slowly or just tidy up and say you dont want them to trip

Haha first job i ever had when i went self employed was re skimming main feature in the custs living room. And it was a fairly big wall. Sheeted the floors goes outside to mix up come back and 2 dining chairs with owner of house and his dad sat there. That was some arse nipping stuff. 9 years later i really couldnt give a stuff if someone is watching.

Funny as it seems but i think its help build a better relationship with my custards. Because i just talk their ears off more than i should and a lot will just bugger off and do whatever realising they are stopping me from working but also they realise i am a very approachable person.

The worst ones are the ones who say "Anyway i'll leave you to it." You're like, "Okie dokie." And inside you're thinking, "Thank fukc." Two minutes later, "So how's it going?"

So common is this problem I now habitually tidy/clean up before turning the water back on because I know the sound of the water will make them appear.

Funny as it seems but i think its help build a better relationship with my custards. Because i just talk their ears off more than i should and a lot will just bugger off and do whatever realising they are stopping me from working but also they realise i am a very approachable person.

You're lucky. Some guys are just chatty, jokey, laid back etc. It must make the job a lot easier. I'm too highly strung. Or should be, as Basil Fawlty says.

i just say,give me room,i wont work while being watched,they can either move or off i go

You're lucky. Some guys are just chatty, jokey, laid back etc. It must make the job a lot easier. I'm too highly strung. Or should be, as Basil Fawlty says.
Its not about being lucky its about turning the situation to your advantage.
Custs are the life breath of any business.
You can be the best plumber or gas engineer in the world but if they think your unapproachable or a bit of a cock they are less likely to get you back for repeat work.

Its not about being lucky its about turning the situation to your advantage.
Custs are the life breath of any business.
You can be the best plumber or gas engineer in the world but if they think your unapproachable or a bit of a cock they are less likely to get you back for repeat work.

'An apporachable bit of a cock' is on my business card. But I do work in Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What you would say - if you could - to a customer who insists on watching.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock