Search the forum,

Discuss what you reckon? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Littlebill

Hi guys, new to the forum just wondering if you could give me your advice?

Basically ive been training as a draingage engineer with dyno rod for about 5 months now, now decided im going to go to able skills training centre to get city and guilds 6129 with part P qualification (at weekends). After this I will be going on to get gas safe registered with RF training as they guarentee a work placement.

Do you think this is a good way to becoming a qualified in plumbing drainage and gas?

Have anyone on here ever trained with able skills? and RF Training?

any comments will be appreciated

thanks

Bill

My only comment would be to make sure you can complete the 6129 before April (?) as the 6129 is stopping then. I did mine in August and I was concerned about completing NVQ. Spoke to C&G who assure me I will still be able to complete my NVQ, but it may be worth contacting C&G to check what would happen in you case and also check that you will be able to fit in all the units / exams etc before the deadline.

Thanks for letting me know as wasnt aware of that, do you know whats replacing it?

I have done many a course with RF and the guys are top notch. All of the instuctors have been in the dirt and know their stuff. The facilities are a bit dated and worn but the instructors make up for that. The placement stuff is OK but try to find someone yourself. You'll save 500 quid. Wait until the weather gets warmer before you go though, the heating isn't working and the place is damn cold. They are trying to get approval from corporate to replace the PCB on the boiler. If you do go tell Gez that Keith says hi.

Hi Keith, good to be able to speak to someone that has been there, what course did you do there? Do you think you learned a lot in the time you was there?

Thanks for letting me know as wasnt aware of that, do you know whats replacing it?

I think its being replaced with a diploma (6189 Diploma in PLumbing) or something similar. I know it will be done through colleges but not sure if other providers will be able to do it. Best check with C&G (City & Guilds | UK home)

I have done Part P, Unvented, Part L, and Water Regs and ACS gas there. I learned more than what I expected and in some cases more than I wanted to know;) Some of the instructors have odd senses of humor but you do need that in our trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what you reckon? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock