Search the forum,

Discuss What Training Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dorset

There seems to be some confusion about what is the best training course, so if I may I wish to add my opinion.
I would suggest as a minimum City and Guilds 6129 and 6089, which will make you a level 2 qualified plumber.
The 6129 is the centre based training course which will give you an all round knowledge of the plumbing industry, with practical training and assessments covering jointing and bending techniques in copper and low carbon steel, maintenance, sheet lead, rainwater and waste systems and culminating in a bathroom and airing cupboard assessment.
The 6089 is the competancy part of the qualification. This is where you prove to a qualified assessor that you can put your skills into a work place enviroment.
Ideally you should be working for a plumber to complete the 6089 but if you are not it is still possible to complete the 6089. However the assessor has to observe all the criteria required which could present quite a large finacial outlay, that is if you can find a company offering the 6089 willing to undertake the large number of assessments needed to complete.
The City and Guilds have a comprehensive website which will provide you with more in depth information.
I hope this has answered some questions you may have.

Hi IM INTERESTING IN DOING A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBING AND GAS COURSE WITH ACCESS 2 TRADE CAREERS

OCN 116786 Level 2 Accredited Domestic Plumbing Installation Programme
BPEC Water (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
City & Guilds 6128-01 Level 2 Technical Certificate in Heating and Ventilation
BPEC Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
BPEC Domestic Gas Foundation Certificate

THEY OFFER THE 6128 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. IM ALSO REALLLY CONCERNED THAT ILL NEED TO FIND A PLUMBING JOB BEFORE I FINISH TO ENABLE ME TO ACTUALLY COMPLETE THE COURSE OR DO YOU KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO DO ALL NECESSARY TRAINING AND BE COMPLETELY QUALIFIED AND ABLE TO FIND WORK AFTER IVE QUAILFIED...

ALSO IM READING ALOT ABOUT COMPANYS NOT TOUCHING PPL HOW HAVE DONE THESE FAST TRACK COURSES

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

MARCELLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Training Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock