Discuss What the hell has bitten this ! ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattyp

image.jpg A section of pipe I found bitten through,under some laminate flooring !

ive seen dogs chew through them before, but that one was bite and chew marks all over

I've seen mouse bites before but usually they are much smaller ! They nibble through get wet and bugger off ! Deffo wasn't install damage and the section missing was nowhere to be seen !

Mouse tends to be much smaller, the ones I've seen they nibble but then do one as soon as it's spraying.

There was very little room under the floor,chipboard over celotex insulation on a concrete base, there was no way a squirrel could have got in !!

Look at the brown stains on the pipe, that is long term leaking not rodent damage IMHO.

Saw one that was badly chewed my a rat. It left really disitinctive teeth marks in it. Where it had knawed it along, and finally gone through it. That was a big hole, but nothing like the one in this photo at all.

It was on a heating pipe ,4 years old on a sealed system, customer had not topped the pressure once in all that time ! Just lost pressure over night last week .When i got there i found the filling loop fully open as the customer couldn't get any pressure in the system and forgot to turn it off ( for about 5 hrs)
:90: From my experience its quite hard to damage plastic in this way ? For example if you hit it with a hammer it won't crack

Last edited by a moderator:
It was on a heating pipe ,4 years old on a sealed system, customer had not topped the pressure once in all that time ! Just lost pressure over night last week .When i got there i found the filling loop fully open as the customer couldn't get any pressure in the system and forgot to turn it off !
:90:

Very weird indeed!

i think its install damage too. why would a rat lets say chew through it then keep chewing while nearly drowing in water ?

That last picture does look gnawed. Weird though!

And now we are seeing the results of plastic pipes!

Maybe there is a drenched mouse lying on it's back nearby, with a large piece of plastic in it's mouth?

has the pipe only just started being used ? maybe chewed on install or time the floor was put together etc then commissioned and left to leak for a while ?

sqirrels are just furry tailed rats and do similar damage but got to be rodent of one sort or another. Best find out where they got in to prevent further damage, after all,now they got a drinking supply:)

sqirrels are just furry tailed rats and do similar damage but got to be rodent of one sort or another. Best find out where they got in to prevent further damage, after all,now they got a drinking supply:)

The same drinking supply as homeowners !

Rats get in anywhere, maybe it was thirsty. Normally they go for the shocking experience of chewing electrical cables.

Just a thought everyones saying mouse rat and signs of where they may have eaten through the insulation to actually get at the pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What the hell has bitten this ! ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock