Search the forum,

Discuss What replacement circulating pump do I need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buggslondon

Hi there,

I think my pump is on its way out and want to replace it before winter hits.

It is not a recognised brand or model number so I am struggling to understand the type of pump I need to buy for a like for like replacement. There are some numbers in a table on the head but I don't know what they represent. (see photo)

I keep reading about models such as 15-50 and 15-60 and 25-55 or 25-60 etc but I don't have a clue what any of these mean or how they correspond to the numbers on the head of my pump.

Any help would be most welcome.

Apologies, not sure why the photo is coming out upside down!

Many thanks.
IMG_0649.jpg

What size system do you have? How many radiators, how many floors to your house?

You probably need any domestic pump that deals with a 5m head

Standard 130mm ports on that pump.its a british gas version,myson were the manufacturers later becoming CP (circulating pumps),best bet would be to get a Grundfos 15/60

Hi there,

I think my pump is on its way out and want to replace it before winter hits.

It is not a recognised brand or model number so I am struggling to understand the type of pump I need to buy for a like for like replacement. There are some numbers in a table on the head but I don't know what they represent. (see photo)

I keep reading about models such as 15-50 and 15-60 and 25-55 or 25-60 etc but I don't have a clue what any of these mean or how they correspond to the numbers on the head of my pump.

Any help would be most welcome.

Apologies, not sure why the photo is coming out upside down!

Many thanks.
View attachment 28028

I wouldn't worry about those numbers too much. On the electrical side of the pump there is a switch for 3 speeds. Those numbers relate to those. Its hard to see from the photo but I think the first number is flow rate. The second is electrical watts and the third is electrical amps. (The first could be RPM?). What pump to buy? I would recommend a WILO brand pump. They are expensive but last for ever. I just replaced one that is 20 years old and its only problem is scale blockage.

What size system do you have? How many radiators, how many floors to your house?

You probably need any domestic pump that deals with a 5m head

Hi, I have 8 Radiators over 2 floors and the hot water element in the tank is also driven by this pump

Post 3 mate , a grunfoss 15/60 will be sound . Slightly cheaper makes available eg wilo , a 15/50 would suffice though

Either a 15/50 or a 15/60 will do the job. The first number 15 is the bore through the pump being 15mm and the 50 or 60 is the head 50 being 5m of head and the 60 is 6m of head. A two storey house will probably only need a 15/50. But if your not sure of the head than go for the 15/ 60 to be sure. No real difference in price either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What replacement circulating pump do I need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock