Search the forum,

Discuss What replacement circulating pump do I need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buggslondon

Hi there,

I think my pump is on its way out and want to replace it before winter hits.

It is not a recognised brand or model number so I am struggling to understand the type of pump I need to buy for a like for like replacement. There are some numbers in a table on the head but I don't know what they represent. (see photo)

I keep reading about models such as 15-50 and 15-60 and 25-55 or 25-60 etc but I don't have a clue what any of these mean or how they correspond to the numbers on the head of my pump.

Any help would be most welcome.

Apologies, not sure why the photo is coming out upside down!

Many thanks.
IMG_0649.jpg

What size system do you have? How many radiators, how many floors to your house?

You probably need any domestic pump that deals with a 5m head

Standard 130mm ports on that pump.its a british gas version,myson were the manufacturers later becoming CP (circulating pumps),best bet would be to get a Grundfos 15/60

Hi there,

I think my pump is on its way out and want to replace it before winter hits.

It is not a recognised brand or model number so I am struggling to understand the type of pump I need to buy for a like for like replacement. There are some numbers in a table on the head but I don't know what they represent. (see photo)

I keep reading about models such as 15-50 and 15-60 and 25-55 or 25-60 etc but I don't have a clue what any of these mean or how they correspond to the numbers on the head of my pump.

Any help would be most welcome.

Apologies, not sure why the photo is coming out upside down!

Many thanks.
View attachment 28028

I wouldn't worry about those numbers too much. On the electrical side of the pump there is a switch for 3 speeds. Those numbers relate to those. Its hard to see from the photo but I think the first number is flow rate. The second is electrical watts and the third is electrical amps. (The first could be RPM?). What pump to buy? I would recommend a WILO brand pump. They are expensive but last for ever. I just replaced one that is 20 years old and its only problem is scale blockage.

What size system do you have? How many radiators, how many floors to your house?

You probably need any domestic pump that deals with a 5m head

Hi, I have 8 Radiators over 2 floors and the hot water element in the tank is also driven by this pump

Post 3 mate , a grunfoss 15/60 will be sound . Slightly cheaper makes available eg wilo , a 15/50 would suffice though

Either a 15/50 or a 15/60 will do the job. The first number 15 is the bore through the pump being 15mm and the 50 or 60 is the head 50 being 5m of head and the 60 is 6m of head. A two storey house will probably only need a 15/50. But if your not sure of the head than go for the 15/ 60 to be sure. No real difference in price either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What replacement circulating pump do I need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I had a stuck TRV. House was extended - new radiator on the longest run has never gotten properly hot - it's usually cold. 11 rads total, worcester...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock