Discuss What is your quote success rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

As an independent adult, if I have the misfortune to meet someone I dislike and don't want to deal with then I just get on with my life. End of.
I have no idea what that means, however if you bump into someone accidentally you instinctively apologies, that is common courtesy.

I give them full information, assist with site survey, what more can I do? I tell them price is not the main priority, a quality job is, I m sat here with 5 to 6. K cash. I don't understand, why travel and spend time doing a site survey then not having the courtesy to contact the customer even if its just to say sorry can't help you, whats so difficult about that?

I have experienced something similar.

Not if i definitely disliked them.
Don't like where this is going. Id like to help customers get quotes and good contractors get work.
Have a look and tell me what you think:
Some thoughts on how to get a quote from a contractor
I got on really well with all the guys that came, spent time chatting about the industry etc, whether they like me or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned,
I don't want to marry them or bare their children, I just want a heating system installed, I understand you don't like where this is going but the sad fact is that because of the nature of the business, I e one off installs people get away with this sort of behaviour.
I know I will be kicked off this forum because I have highlighted and unpleasant subject but to be honest I don't care, I have to tell it like it is.
Anyway your not alone, I'm on another plumbing Forum who have the same issues.

I got on really well with all the guys that came, spent time chatting about the industry etc, whether they like me or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned,
I don't want to marry them or bare their children, I just want a heating system installed, I understand you don't like where this is going but the sad fact is that because of the nature of the business, I e one off installs people get away with this sort of behaviour.
I know I will be kicked off this forum because I have highlighted and unpleasant subject but to be honest I don't care, I have to tell it like it is.
Anyway your not alone, I'm on another plumbing Forum who have the same issues.

Have you tried following up ?

And aslong as you respect others and there views and in tern they respect yours no you won’t

Whether they like you is really important. I choose who I work with and choose not to work with people I dislike.
So presumably you would tell them straight away, to their face that sorry you can't help them on this particular occasion?
Or a phone call, text, carrier pigeon?

Have you tried following up ?

And aslong as you respect others and there views and in tern they respect yours no you won’t
Please read previous quotes.
I will take up carpets, move furniture etc, we were even prepared to move out to a hotel to give them a clear run, no interference or people in the way, what more can I do, hold their hands?

Reply to What is your quote success rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock