Search the forum,

Discuss What do you need to run a Plumbing/Gas training centre? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been thinking about this for a while. Our business has a large warehouse unit that could be partitioned off and we could add in a classroom relatively easily. There isn't a training facility like this in Lincoln and there seems to be a lot of gas businesses here, all of whom need people retrained every 5 years.

What qualifications do you need to actually deliver ACS training??

Appreciate it's an unusual question but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has been involved in this.

Been thinking about this for a while. Our business has a large warehouse unit that could be partitioned off and we could add in a classroom relatively easily. There isn't a training facility like this in Lincoln and there seems to be a lot of gas businesses here, all of whom need people retrained every 5 years.

What qualifications do you need to actually deliver ACS training??

Appreciate it's an unusual question but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has been involved in this.

Try a pm to Chris Watkins (?), he was a tutor up to recently.

Thought about doing a small building firm instead ? That would be my thought if I had room like that for storing tools etc

Thought about doing a small building firm instead ? That would be my thought if I had room like that for storing tools etc

To be honest mate we kind of do already. We do a couple of property renovations each year, don't know how I would make a good living just doing plumbing around Lincoln unfortunately.

Am thinking ahead after a couple of minor health issues this last year! Don't want to be on the tools for the rest of my life.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What do you need to run a Plumbing/Gas training centre? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to start working on the gas side of plumbing and heating. I am a sole trader working with plumbing and heating and have the NVQ level 2.I would like to know what is (if there is)the best way of gaining gas training and qualification without causing too much disruption and time out of my...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock