Search the forum,

Discuss What do you do when... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What would you do if you put in a new 28mm supply in 1st fix and when you come back for the boiler you find the 'electrician' has done this....

Attachments

• 20221206_155055.jpg
    20221206_155055.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 25
I agreed to do the boiler only and someone else was doing the other plumbing. They've let him down and now he's trying to get me to do it.
I'm not touching it!
Apart from anything else the place is a mess with building materials spread everywhere, all the work is being done cheaply.
Was tempted to put a price in but with half the pipes already run and no lights or heat I'm just going to pass.
I know I'd end up regretting it as any price I'd quote would mean they'd expect the world in return.

Sparky will be whingeing that the pipes in a cable zone.
The pipe was there in 22 before. This job was a dud from the start.
35kw Main boiler on site before I started with horizontal flue.
Would have got away with 22mm if he'd got a 30Kw, would have benefited from rear piping on a baxi and flue going through roof vertically.
This is a perfect example for why you get the engineer to spec the parts and materials as he's saved no money and lost on aesthetic and warranty.
It was a favour just for me to do the boiler!

My
The pipe was there in 22 before. This job was a dud from the start.
35kw Main boiler on site before I started with horizontal flue.
Would have got away with 22mm if he'd got a 30Kw, would have benefited from rear piping on a baxi and flue going through roof vertically.
This is a perfect example for why you get the engineer to spec the parts and materials as he's saved no money and lost on aesthetic and warranty.
It was a favour just for me to do the boiler!
My first thought was get the cutters out.

Once spent a day drilling joists for a first fix. Heating flow and return, hot water, cold water, balanced cold water and unvented discharge. Was a big job. I was away 3 days after that and came back to cables in my holes.
Sparky came back next day to 400mm lengths of cable all over the floor.

Reply to What do you do when... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock