Discuss Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Scratching my head a bit with this one. I don’t know if anybody has come across this before. Bath in a property has very basic nonceramic taps when she runs h & c, hot runs cold after about 10 mins. It’s off a combi boiler sonoy a lack of water. When she run just the hot tap it runs continuously hot.

Hope somebody might be able to offer a pearl

Right, update. Changed to quarter turn pillar bath mixer tap maximum 9 lpm maximum and the problem has gone. I cannot see what the reduced lpm would have done but it seems to have done the trick.
Thanks all for your thoughts it remains a head scratcher

Right, update. Changed to quarter turn pillar bath mixer tap maximum 9 lpm maximum and the problem has gone. I cannot see what the reduced lpm would have done but it seems to have done the trick.
Not for the first time, I was wrong! Good that you've cracked it.

You are welcome mate. Taps are a weird thing sometimes.

24kw boiler ?

Good point well made but boiler is literally only 9 months old. I mean it could be shot but......

Might be worth a shout to the manufacturer

As I say though mate doesn’t affect any other outlet. Kitchen sink buckets out hot, basin buckets out hot. LL didn’t want floors up to check pipework etc so taps was his cheap fix. As I say just a mystery that hot would just cut out from the tap after 10-15 mins

As I say though mate doesn’t affect any other outlet. Kitchen sink buckets out hot, basin buckets out hot. LL didn’t want floors up to check pipework etc so taps was his cheap fix. As I say just a mystery that hot would just cut out from the tap after 10-15 mins

It's one of those pita faults :D

Always the same prob the letting has stated a price to the ll:D

Still we don't really understand where the heat was going though. The not-a-mixer-tap was not receiving hot water, yet the boiler was firing without boiling/exploding/overheating and locking out. Yet it's not your problem now :) at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock