Discuss Wear And Tear Causing Leaks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Is there such a thing as "wear and tear" causing joints in a new heating installation to leak within two years? As in infrequent heating and cooling of the water in the pipes causing expansion and contraction of joints?

That’s as maybe but that’s a lot of staining for 2 years. I’d say it’s been leaking from day one. Irrespective of who cleaned it it should’ve been picked up. Also if a search for a leak was carried out the common sense approach is to visually inspect ALL pipework on show before you start worrying about in walls or under floors.

I hope the leaking lid wasn’t yours
No way , Api 20o6 only ever designed the in and out port
ports to this type of mag unit,
we did a few in the late 90's
and maybe advised on the magnets....and the stainers
for non mag stuff. Basically
designing these things was simple ...a bit like tuning an engine...high performance petrol unit which we were familiar with , but it was fun...the worst one at that time was Magnaclean by Mr Adey...whom I hope is. £ m fella. He was lucky ..BG bought it
he got paid off ..happy days ..then after all the problems including
being de..listed by BG they bounced back ...throw money at it and this unit is the highest selling volume domestic mag filter in Europe now.
centralheatking

Last edited:
No way , Api 20o6 only ever designed the in and out port
ports to this type of mag unit,
we did a few in the late 90's
and maybe advised on the magnets....and the stainers
for non mag stuff. Basically
designing these things was simple ...a bit like tuning an engine...high performance petrol unit which we were familiar with , but it was fun
centralheatking
so it is partly one of yours:p:p:p

Hook, line and sinker...:p:p:p

8C537C86-71E2-4619-A02F-566EAB3185B5.jpeg

The photo of the TF1 above was taken on 04 Sep 2018.

This photo was taken on 08 Aug 2016 during the period of the failed investigation into the loss of pressure. See the TF1 area in question on the left. The area below the topmost red valve looks suspiciously brown?

IMG_20160808_232938.jpg

Last edited:
TF1’s are known to have problems. Especially once fitted for a couple of years. You only have to knock the black body and the valves leak. Plus they are both in a terrible location. (Also, why do you have 2?) Was that cupboard and shelving built after the installation works were completed? Also check all the paperwork as they may have noted the condition of them on the CP12. If I had done a service it would be on the CP12

Reply to Wear And Tear Causing Leaks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock