Discuss Water softener waste pipe discharge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Samwise

Can the discharge and overflow pipes from a water softener go to surface water drainage (soakaway in my case) instead of foul?

I'm first of all trying to find out if they are guidelines or in Building Regs, alternatively, I can probably run some calculations to compare how much regen water will go into the soakaway vs the total amount of rainwater received in the soakaway, to see what the percentage is.

Regeneration water is brine so should not be a concern if it goes into a soakaway. It will be diluted with rainwater over a period of time.

There should be no water from your overflow (outlet should be visible) unless there is a malfuntion with your softener.

Your softener manufacturer will have stats as to how much water/brine is used during the regeneration process.

Perhaps someone will come along and let us know if the regs say anything different.

Reply to Water softener waste pipe discharge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
A
Out Heating system is losing water constantly. I believe it's overflowing from somewhere and is flowing into the waste water funnel and from there...
Replies
Views
AliMac
A
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
My kitchen waste pipe discharges into a pipe going to my soakaway. It has now unsurprisingly become blocked (about 6 m from the drain). The soil...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock