Discuss Water pipe problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madison247

Can anyone help me with this , it's a bit of a story I am afraid . I live in a semi detached house over 100 years old in Scotland

Last week my neighbour started a new extension to the back of her house, when the builder started to dig the foundations he came across a water pipe feeding my home. I know this is common and I also know that it should be shared liability if a bust occurs through natural wear and tear.

My neighbour advised me that the water was going to be off at some point to allow the pipe to be re routed. No problem.

On returning home today, my neighbour handed me a bit of lead pipe and advised me that her builder had had to repair a burst pipe at the edge of her foundation ( about a meter away from where it crosses in to my property) whilst re routing my water supply to accommodate her foundations. She told me that as far as the builder can see he has fixed the burst but he can only see up to where they have uncovered the pipes and to advise me that my pipes are lead.

when I came into the house I started to run all the taps to clear the rubbish coming through the pipe, all seemed well although the pressure seems less but still ok. I then noticed that my toilet in my my bathroom which is less than six months old and all sealed in very neatly has water coming into the bowl constantly. My husband then tried to run the shower (electric)which is now only running cold water (unless you turn the dial to the end the water then comes in spurts off roasting hot i.e. can't put hand under and freezing cold. Luckily I still have a floor standing boiler which is fed from a feeder tank so I don't have any problem with heating and hot water, well not yet anyway

went back to neighbour who said she will speak to builder in morning, but did remind me that her builder did say there may have been a leak there already in my side............we have had no signs of any leak i.e no wet ground outside and no loss of water pressure in the house ( well until her builder moved stuff today ).

Can anyone give me any ideas to where I stand and how I fix this. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pipe problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock