Search the forum,

Discuss Water hammer from flushing toilet after switching to combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cp71

I had a new combi boiler fitted yesterday switching from conventional boiler. New pipes had to be laid under bedroom floorboards to connect boiler in kitchen up to pipe work in airing cupboard.

now after I flush the toilet in the bathroom there is a noise for about 20 mins which I believe is water hammer.

the installer says the issue is my toilet and is not willing to help.

Please can you advise what the likely cause is and how best to fix.

Thanks

Make sure installer has complied with MIs regarding shock arrester in cold feed to combi. This,by itself, may not cure the water hammer, but will protect boiler.

Was your toilet on tank pressure, do you know ?

Toilet probably set up for gravity cold feed as shaun said above. It is the installers responsibility if he has done this conversion to do the toilet as well as he will have made this mains pressure now. Well he should have done but anything is possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water hammer from flushing toilet after switching to combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock