Discuss Washing Machine tripping electrics. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rompa

Hi. I have a general query regarding my Hotpoint WM.

For the past few weeks it has been tripping the electrics as soon as it starts a cycle. It fills up perfectly but after a spew rotations of the drum the electric trips.

This does not happen on the rinse or spin cycle.
After reading a little online I'm starting to think it may be the heater element.

So, this evening I've taken the rear cover off to do a little troubleshooting. First I disconnected the temperature sensor but it still tripped. I then reconnected the sensor and disconnected the two plugs that attach to the heater element. I isolated them both and started a regular wash cycle.

No tripping of the electrics.

Am I correct in believing that the problem is very likely to be the element? I don't want to spend £60 on a new one if it could be something else... but all appears to be functioning correctly without the element attached.

Thanks for any advice:)

Gary

Waste of time - not worth the expense.
Simply replace element every 2 to 5 years or however long it takes to pop - cost under a tenner.

Calgon - crazy expensive
Water softner - see above

Elements can go anyway regardless. Something that costs under a tenner isn't going to last a lifetime anyway

What about all the other components connected to water supply on the appliance ie pumps, ntcs,solenoids, jet systems ectc

Yes but most customers are not as savy so it would defs cost more than a Tenner... If a customer can afford then I would always recommend a softener, longer life for all appliances, taps & bathrooms that aren't covered in scale & scum

What a load of cods wallop.
Only 3 solenoids on a washer.
1 mainwash and 1 fabsoft and 1 prewash.
All on inlet side. No scale at all. Never in my years and tears of fixing all brands have i ever replaced a scaled up solenoid valve - it just doesnt happen.
Especially now they are all cold fill only and have been for years [emoji12]

Last edited by a moderator:
So please enlighten me again. How does scale form on a cold fill inlet solenoid

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine tripping electrics. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock