Discuss Washing Machine Repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

axew01

Hi all

First of all apologies if I am wrong to post this question on a plumbers forum but the liability part of the question might be answerable.

I had a problem with my washing machine, it stopped during the wash cycle and so would not move onto rinse or spin unless selected separately. I called out a repairman who could not diagnose the problem and and opted to phone someone to order a new circuit board (without consulting me first) to be fitted in the near future. Not a huge issue but since he has left, I have unplugged and replugged in the machine and now it works fine having had no maintenance! So where does this leave liability for the cost the the ordered circuit board given that it wasn't the problem.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
HI

If he has got them through a recognised suplier they will usually take them back and refund.

tell him you got a second opinion of a family friend and he solved it free of charge with no materials - not the nicest thing to do but neither is his guess work.

if he new the job he would have tried all the simple things and not just guesed at O ITMUST be the board, he ordered a part that was not needed nor did he ask if ok , pay the call out if he has one , job done , tell him the truth!!!!! you unpluged it and then put it back on ! it worked,
just be nice about it,

chris

Even if you had agreed to the part he should have no problem returning it.

if he new the job he would have tried all the simple things and not just guesed at O ITMUST be the board, he ordered a part that was not needed nor did he ask if ok , pay the call out if he has one , job done , tell him the truth!!!!! you unpluged it and then put it back on ! it worked,
just be nice about it,

chris

To be fair, part of the failed diagnosis was to try some simple things. So it wasn't straight to the phone for the PCB.

just be nice about it,

chris

At the end of the day, I might not have searched on-line finding the plug/unplug solution if he hadn't turned up and mentioned the price that the next visit would cost! So I guess I wouldn't be averse to a small contribution; he doesn't charge for initial call-out only works that get done.

Cheers

well a (small) gesture of good will goes bouth ways, every ones happy, happy days!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine Repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi all, Please be gentle as not very technical! Was given the above by a friend (only been used 3 times!)...all plumbed in fline. Did my 1st...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
P
i'm having problems with my Valiant boiler. it stopped working 4 week ago. we have a sevice/repair contract and had an enginner come out, who...
Replies
Views
Poynton Plumber
P
P
Hello, My first post and I'm straight into a problem! I have checked the focums but couldn't find an answer so I will try and give as much detail...
Replies
Views
machiavelli
M
I
Hi All, I am not highly experienced in Plumbing having just passed my level 2 but will be taking relevant NVQ’s etc.. (Wanted to make it clear I...
Replies
Views
inmarset
I
B
Another bit of info that might be helpful to new Plumbers are some observations about water FLOW. In the UK, water fixtures usually have a...
Replies
Views
bobpape
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock