Discuss Washing machine - compartment full of water in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine the compartment on the far left (softener compartments I believe) is full of water after every cycle. See attached.

Are we missing an insert here or something? I can't see how else it would drain, or should it not be filling with water at all?

Thank you.

IMG_2306.jpg

If still full after the wash? then pull it out and you will probably find that there is a build up of powder/gunk, if you just pour a glass of water into it it should empty if clear.

Looking at post#1 again, yes I think you are missing a part like this which when water is introduced, overflows and created a syphoning effect and leaves the compartment empty.
This is from mine, a Zanussi.

You are missing the "blue" insert.

Attachments

• Complete.jpg
    Complete.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Without Syphon Cap.jpg
    Without Syphon Cap.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Syphon Cap.jpg
    Syphon Cap.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Washing machine - compartment full of water in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock