Search the forum,

Discuss Wall hung toilet leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reubs007

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice as I am in a panic! I have a Duravit wall hung toilet connected to a Geberit system. Fitted about 5 years ago. About 6-12 months after being fitted the screws were tightened up as it was moving slightly when sat on. No problems since then.

It doesn't get used much as it's in the guest bathroom. I noticed today after flushing that it is leaking slightly from one side between the wall and the toilet. Looking at the wall and floor it has been leaking on the other side in the past. It must have leaked for a bit and then stopped.

The leak is on the left edge of the toilet base (looking straight on) rather than the middle. You can see dried limescale where it leaked on the other side in the past.

I managed to collect a bit of the water and it is clear.

It would be great to get your expert opinions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks so much!
Reuben

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4203.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4200.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4200.JPG

Would say it's more likely to be the flush cone / washer

To fix / have a look the toilet will have to come off the wall

These can be a nightmare to sort , but I would agree with Shaun , I don't suppose you have any acess from the top or any other way in ?

As the chaps have said first thing to check is the flush pipe do you have access and visability to this

When the screws were loose last time. Was the pan removed or just tightened?
It could have moved the joint on the flush pipe or the cone.
I have an endoscope that I look at these sort of problems with no access. But in the end as all have said to repair it will have to come off the wall.

These have history for leaking flush pipes, anywhere from the cistern connection point to the pan.

IMG_0019.JPG
If it been loose, I might have compressed the rubber seal on the flush pipe or on the soil connection. The toilet will need taking off the wall and then it should be apparent.
If you are doing it yourself, order a wall hung toilet flush pipe cone before removal, as this is the most likely culprit.
Geberit Flush Pipe Seal 119.668.00.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall hung toilet leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock