Search the forum,

Discuss Wall hung toilet leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reubs007

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice as I am in a panic! I have a Duravit wall hung toilet connected to a Geberit system. Fitted about 5 years ago. About 6-12 months after being fitted the screws were tightened up as it was moving slightly when sat on. No problems since then.

It doesn't get used much as it's in the guest bathroom. I noticed today after flushing that it is leaking slightly from one side between the wall and the toilet. Looking at the wall and floor it has been leaking on the other side in the past. It must have leaked for a bit and then stopped.

The leak is on the left edge of the toilet base (looking straight on) rather than the middle. You can see dried limescale where it leaked on the other side in the past.

I managed to collect a bit of the water and it is clear.

It would be great to get your expert opinions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks so much!
Reuben

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4203.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4200.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4200.JPG

Would say it's more likely to be the flush cone / washer

To fix / have a look the toilet will have to come off the wall

These can be a nightmare to sort , but I would agree with Shaun , I don't suppose you have any acess from the top or any other way in ?

As the chaps have said first thing to check is the flush pipe do you have access and visability to this

When the screws were loose last time. Was the pan removed or just tightened?
It could have moved the joint on the flush pipe or the cone.
I have an endoscope that I look at these sort of problems with no access. But in the end as all have said to repair it will have to come off the wall.

These have history for leaking flush pipes, anywhere from the cistern connection point to the pan.

IMG_0019.JPG
If it been loose, I might have compressed the rubber seal on the flush pipe or on the soil connection. The toilet will need taking off the wall and then it should be apparent.
If you are doing it yourself, order a wall hung toilet flush pipe cone before removal, as this is the most likely culprit.
Geberit Flush Pipe Seal 119.668.00.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall hung toilet leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Was looking for some innovative ideas from you all.šŸ˜Š Iā€™m renovating a bathroom in a flat. The soil, hot & cold water pipe runs stops me from butting the new toilet cisten flush to the wall. I was hoping to use a flexible waste to help me get closer but the pipes stop this option. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock