Discuss Vokera 29HE Compact cold water leak - can I sort or call engineer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ewanl

Hi, had my Vokera 29HE Compact serviced last month, but it's begun leaking cold water.

Engineer says it may need a nut tightened, which I can do myself, or a new washer which means them coming out to look at.
About a pint of water is escaping over night.

Which nut is it I should try to tighten, and is the washer something I can replace myself?
Might there be any other cause for the leak?

I've added a photo, leak appears to be travelling down last copper pipe to rhs (DHW?).

Thx,
Ewan

IMG_0499web.jpg

If you don't have to remove the case you can attempt it yourself.
i can't see the leak from the picture but it is the DHW.

Thanks for the reply scott_d.

The nut on the DHW pipe is on the base of the unit (just out of view at top of photo), so it is outside of the case.
To tighten this should I switch off boiler, shut off water supply - is that what black knob in picture is for?

Is the 'washer' that may have failed something that will be inside the boiler and therefore I'd need an engineer to change?

either tighten or change the washer neither job is illegal but you might need a basin spanner to do it

The black knob is to 'throttle down' the amount of water passing through the boiler if it cant cope/heat it fast enough.
I would turn off the boiler, shut the cold water valve and open a hot tap to let off the pressure just to be safe.
Tighten then slowly open the cold water valve and check for drips.

Easy job try and tighten up first the washer is a 15 mm flat washer common that these leak

Hi,

Thank you all for your suggestions :)

Will give tightening a go.

Ewan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera 29HE Compact cold water leak - can I sort or call engineer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Hello, Three days backs, the pipes in my flat next to the hot water tank banged violently for a few seconds (water hammer?). Since then, the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock