Search the forum,

Discuss Very simple scenario for those in the know :) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Nest thermostat in my hallway. Our lounge radiators have no TRVs and I cannot get them to come on with any decent amount of heat. Should I be leaving the door open to the lounge so that that room calls for heat or do I need to get TRVs. Or does a TRV not help this problem anyway!

Same scenario upstairs - cannot get rooms warm enough however they do all have TRVs. Also the landing radiator has a TRV which is where that zones thermostat is. I've read that I should leave that on 5 so there is no conflict.

Would love some help on how to heat the rooms off the hallway/landing thermostat locations.

Thanks.

Could be a balancing issue, weak pump, not enough output from the boiler if range rated et al.

How many rads do you have? Do the rads get hot but not hey the room? What boiler do you have? How many zones?

Thank you. I have an Vallant Ecotec Pro 628. I actually have 4 nest zones but only 2 with the problem. One zone is our annexe which is fine and one zone is our kitchen underfloor heating (also fine)

So the two zones with the problems are the main house. 1) Downstairs (minus the kitchen) - radiator (not TRV) in hallway with Nest Thermo. One radiator (no TRV) in study and 2 (no TRV) in lounge. All didnt need bleeding but are barely on. The temp in hallway is 14 and I cant get that any higher for some reason but obviously front door close by.

2) Upstairs. Radiator on landing (with TRV set to 5) by Nest thermo. 2 small rooms (TRV) fine. 2 big bedrooms (TRV) struggling to get hot. Temp of that Nest thermo is 17.5 and is getting slightly hotter now so that might be ok.

Try turning the working TRV’s off see if that has any effect on upstairs. The downstairs, you’ve not installed the Nest too close to the radiator have you?

Try turning the working TRV’s off see if that has any effect on upstairs. The downstairs, you’ve not installed the Nest too close to the radiator have you?
I clearly misunderstand TRVs. 1-5. 1 being coolest and 5 being warmest? The radiator downstairs is the otherside of a doorway to the Nest Thermo. Not much I can do about that.

Reply to Very simple scenario for those in the know :) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
I have a Nest thermostat in my hallway which gets affected by the front door opening and closing. This thermo operates one zone (downstairs). I have one radiator the other side of the door to thermo. I have another in the study and two more in the lounge. None of the radiators have a TRV and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock