Discuss Vertical Radiator not getting hot enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlukeg

I've recently fit a new vertical radiator and I'm having problems with it.

When most of the radiators are on in the house the new vertical one doesn't get anywhere near as hot as it should and is noticeably warmer at the top than the bottom.

When I turn off all radiators except the vertical one.. it gets incredibly hot and works fine.

I don't suppose there is an obvious quick fix for this?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

Balancing has definitely helped make the rad a lot warmer. Still not quite right but probably just needs a bit more balancing. Thanks for all the help.

For AndyTh - The radiator is a Milano Aruba - White Vertical Designer Radiator 1600mm x 354mm (Double Panel) from bestheating. I am assuming everything was fitted correctly as it does get properly hot when it is the only radiator on and now that the system is being balanced it is much much warmer than before.

These style rads do take a lot of heating as they are generally a thicker material than standard rads, rads can take just 5 minutes to be very hot where these can take 20-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vertical Radiator not getting hot enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back