Search the forum,

Discuss Vermiculite / Asbestos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joni os

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Until now I have been guided by John Addison's paper: "VERMICULITE IS NOT ASBESTOS" Addison-Lynch, Edingburgh February 1994.
Today I encountered a case where Surveyor refused to enter loft space until Vermiculite tested.
If HSE guidance has been changed could someone update me.
If test now required, should we regard it as a business opportunity, take samples and submit for testing.
Ensuring our health and safety and in part recouping cost of site visit.

Vermiculite is not asbestos. It's a mineral in its own right. But in America they found that the mine that produced most of the american stock was contaminated with asbestos. So therefore all vermiculite is now deemed to be treated as if it is asbestos.

Thanks Chalked. Do you have a HSE link to this that can be printed off to show clients.
With particular reference to "TREAT AS IF ASBESTOS".
I can forsee a lot of 1960/70s houses needing certification.

Can't find anything mate.
Looks like it's all about potential risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vermiculite / Asbestos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock