Search the forum,

Discuss van sign writing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Van sign writing
Just company name and plumbing & heating or
As above and list of work you do?

What do you have on your van? Pictures? Opinions

Thanks

image.jpgThat's mine mate, nice and simple same as me!

vans (1).jpg

sad to say, the Mrs drowned the little blue one!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hijack. How much roughly should one expect to pay for a sign written van??

Sorry to hijack. How much roughly should one expect to pay for a sign written van??

for a bit of sign-writing, a couple of hundred quid.

For the full wrap (all over body colour and writing) about ÂŁ1000 to ÂŁ1200.

If you are really tight, you can get magnetic signs, so when you change vehicles, the sign comes with you.

I was told by a marketing guy in a previous role that if you list bullet points on any advertising or van, the customer views that sub consciously as an absolute list. For example if you list boiler repairs, boiler servicing on your van, customers do not associate you with anything else. I stick with company name, contact details and any accreditation i want to promote such as gas safe etc.

A spark's van in Coventry has a massive screwdriver on top going the full length of his van with details on the screwdriver handle. Looks great.

It depends on if the price incorporates a design, mine ended up costing around ÂŁ300.
I ended up paying to much because I ended up doing the design / dimensions etc .

if you go in with your own design expect to pay ÂŁ 180/ÂŁ 250

If you are really tight, you can get magnetic signs, so when you change vehicles, the sign comes with you.

That's what I did as I was thinking of doing a bit of subbing work. I think I paid ÂŁ70 for 2 signs so when I was starting out it was brilliant now I just want the van properly done as I think it will look smarter.

A spark's van in Coventry has a massive screwdriver on top going the full length of his van with details on the screwdriver handle. Looks great.

Ive seen a van like that round mine, it looked good but id just forget about it and drive into a car park or under a low bridge

I was told by a marketing guy in a previous role that if you list bullet points on any advertising or van, the customer views that sub consciously as an absolute list. For example if you list boiler repairs, boiler servicing on your van, customers do not associate you with anything else. I stick with company name, contact details and any accreditation i want to promote such as gas safe etc.

I was thinking of going simple and clean on the front and sides
And maybe listing a few things on the back doors that I do other than plumbing like
Tiling Flooring Kitchens and such?

Go steady. Eight words maximum is a good rule of thumb for effective outdoor advertising. People do lose interest after that and they don’t have much time to read it. Keep it simple.
Here’s a bit an eye full:

van3.jpg

Thanks for all the replies so far

So Simple short and quality is the way to go

I havent sign written my van yet as cant keep up with what ive got so left it off at the moment , plus where i stay most people know im the cowboy plumber lol kidding

No this is me Ian
tmh76.jpg

just annoying now stumpy and leo,nostrum and millsy will be getting 2am pizza deliveries idc :)

If you can find one that will deliver to me let me know! Nobody delivers to skinners bottom as they all think your taking the pish!

i like to be anonymous.

most people on here claim they get next to no work from sign writing a van but like the fact it looks professional when you turn up. well as long as you act professionally they won't remember the van.

plus scrotes less likely to break into it for power tools.

I`m under the impression that a sign written van lower the insurance costs as it`s less likely to be stolen and easier to be found, could always be wrong wouldn`t be the first time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to van sign writing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock