Discuss Vaillant weather compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozak1968

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got some newbuilds to spec. They require weather compensators to be fitted. There is an underfloor zone a radiator zone and hot water . The U/F zone comes with programmable roomstat, the rad zone will have a Honeywell CM907 prog roomstat and hot water will have a Honeywell ST9001. The boiler will be a Vaillant 615 system boiler (and unvented cylinder). Is the weather compensator compatible with these controls, or will I have to get all Vaillant controls. Vaillant technical are not very helpful..... Cheers

the weather compensatory normally affects the boiler only so standard external controls are fine

Hate the Vaillant weather compensator. It's far too complicated to explain to the end user of a domestic dwelling.
Last year I did four houses that the local council had specked weather comp. we bought one controller and fitted it to the wall when the building inspector came. He ticked the relevant box. Then we took it off the wall as it was not wired up.

The problem on your job is which bit you compensate?
Hot water overrides the weather comp.
With underfloor heating I normally find that upstairs hardly comes on, as the heat from the ground floor percolates throughout the house, as nobody shuts doors anymore. So if you make the compensated circuit the upstairs rads it hardy works.

I had a quick look at the vrc 470f but cant quite workout how its all wired with other external controls.

The problem on your job is which bit you compensate?
Hot water overrides the weather comp.
With underfloor heating I normally find that upstairs hardly comes on, as the heat from the ground floor percolates throughout the house, as nobody shuts doors any more. So if you make the compensated circuit the upstairs rads it hardy works.
The OP isn't using Vaillant controls, but Honeywell prog stats for the CH and a Honeywell prog for the HW. The only way it will work correctly is if the CH and HW times are mutually exclusive. But how do you allow for owners who fiddle about with the times?

The weather comp curve should be set so the coldest room is OK. TRVs etc will then take care of the other rooms.

Last edited:
The OP isn't using Vaillant controls, but Honeywell prog stats for the CH and a Honeywell prog for the HW. The only way it will work correctly is if the CH and HW times are mutually exclusive. But how do you allow for owners who fiddle about with the times?

The weather comp curve should be set so the coldest room is OK. TRVs etc will then take care of the other rooms.
I must read more!

Got some newbuilds to spec. They require weather compensators to be fitted. There is an underfloor zone a radiator zone and hot water . The U/F zone comes with programmable roomstat, the rad zone will have a Honeywell CM907 prog roomstat and hot water will have a Honeywell ST9001. The boiler will be a Vaillant 615 system boiler (and unvented cylinder). Is the weather compensator compatible with these controls, or will I have to get all Vaillant controls. Vaillant technical are not very helpful..... Cheers
use Vsmart has weather comp updated via the Internet so no external sensor necessary. Simple enough thermostat

If the boiler is compensated the curve will be set for the radiator circuit. The rad circuit will likely just have a thermostatic mixing valve fitted.

But why fit a cm907? Which will just cycle the boiler on and off too avoid overshoot.

If the boiler is compensated the curve will be set for the radiator circuit. The rad circuit will likely just have a thermostatic mixing valve fitted.

But why fit a cm907? Which will just cycle the boiler on and off too avoid overshoot.

Its easy for the uneducated to misunderstand weather compensation controlled heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant weather compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock