Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vaillant System Boiler With Additional Pump in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Zippymark

Gas Engineer
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating everything up great. I've tried tweaking the boiler (setting the pump to always run at speed 2). I've spoke to Vaillant technical and they've suggested i can fit an external pump to help out, wired into either x16 or x40 on the board depending how old the boiler is. Have any of you ever done this, is there anything i should know? And I know this is a bit hard to answer, but any ideas what sort of size pump i should be fitting, would a 15/60 actually improve anything or would it need to be more powerful? I very rarely work on houses this big, so i'm not particularly familiar with this size system.

Thanjks in advance.

You could go down the route of a low loss header thus separating the system so second pump isn’t fighting the boiler pump. This way you can get the pump correctly sized for your system

Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my mind but it's a little tight for space where it is, it might squeeze in but I wasn't sure if that was necessary and just an additional pump would do?

Reply to Vaillant System Boiler With Additional Pump in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock