Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss vaillant remote prv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

has anyone got any info on the remote prv for the vaillant eco tec combi - never fitted one and quoting for job that will need one

You wont find anything online about it i dont think.
and i haven't fitted one

BUT from what remember on the training day.
part number is 0020094185

you can raise upto 3 metres from the boiler
prv set to 2.5 bar

not sure how it goes to the actually boiler, i suspect you pop the old prv out and it turns to just an elbow.
which you then pipe upto the new prv remotly.

Most of the remote ones I have fitted are on ch system and you just remove one valve from boiler and replace it with 3/4 iron. And cap prv at boiler?

I was under the impression with remote kits you had to t the outlet from the boiler prv back into the CH pipework beneath the boiler so you cant 'isolate' the PRV by shutting boiler isolation valves. Though I have never had cause to fit one.

That's if u leave ISo on boiler! Only fitted them in flats, where ideal logic on standoff in bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones I've fitted you pipe the boiler PRV back into the return after the iso valve and fit the 2.5 bar one at high level on the return pipework. Replacing an iso with a male iron would be safe but a pain in the rse when you need to change a component on the boiler as you'd have to drain the whole system.

Vertical drops on stand off so only 5l or so. Just blow system off via prv ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant remote prv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Hi - I have a Telford's Tristar Thermal store with a Caleffi 533..h PRV set to 3 bar. The PRV doesn't appear to be drop tight, so static rises...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock