Discuss Vaillant Flue Roof Tile in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wilf

Hi,

I've noticed a wet patch in my ceiling directly below where the boiler flue exits the roof space. I've attached a couple of photos of the flue because it looks as if there may be a specific tile missing.

The boiler is a Vaillant Ecotec plus 618. The Vaillant flue instructions references an adjustable roof tile 009076, and a flexible pitched roof seal 303 980, but I can't find where it says to use the roof tile. Do I need the Vaillant roof tile AND roof seal?

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/de/42/00/ecoMAX_flue_installation_manual.pdf

I'm assuming the problem is with the roof and there isn't a problem with the condensate drain from the flue?

Thanks for any help in advance, I'd like to know the cause before I call in the professionals!

Wilf.

Attachments

• 17082011100.jpg
    17082011100.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 17082011101.jpg
    17082011101.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 62
That doesn't look right :smart:

The flashing should go under the upper tiles but stay on top of the lower tiles so that water naturally runs off the top, over the flashing and continues down the roof! Does that make sense?

Look at figure 5.2 item (1) It sits under the upper and over the lower tiles :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! It looks like the water is falling onto the flashing plate and it will then run under the tiles into the loft.

It looks neat though, just wont work.

By the looks of it you are going to need a new flue extension as you flue is to short, from the pics you appear to have all you need as the under those tiles will be a lead flashing which needs to be raised above the tile so the flue needs to be extended(the white bit you can see in your loft).

Alll you need to do is cut the lower tiles so that it is open. If the lead of the slatepiece is short of reaching the level of the tiles, use another piece under it.
Check the sides and back of the slatepiece have been turned over to form a watergate below the tiles.
Or
See a decent roofer.

This is what it looks like with the tiles off.

19082011102.jpg

Looks as if the Vaillant roof seal is already in place, but the edge at the bottom of the picture is a little low letting water into the roof space.

I plan to bend the edges up and I may trim the roof tile shown here to allow a bigger channel for the water to escape.

Thanks for all the advice.

I find it remarkable that they have fitted the waterproofing part underneath the roof tiles...That lead slatepiece should be above the tiles and tucked underneath the upper tiles and over the top of the lower ones to promote natural water flow. Looks like the whole slatepiece needs sliding up the flue to fit properly - looking at that last picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilf you need to lift the whole base plate up a tile as mentioned above by just about everyone!!! The plate needs to rest on top of the lower tiles...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Flue Roof Tile in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi all, I have a vaillant ecoTect 832 (combi boiler) with a vaillant RF 350 thermostat and I am looking into replacing it with a smart thermostat...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
L
Evening will try and keep the post as short as poss, hopefully attached photos properly. Tenant has complained of high pitched noise for 12...
Replies
Views
lambchop
L
T
Hi, Tired of waiting for this unit to be officially released over here, I thought I might buy it from the states direct. Before I do so, can...
Replies
Views
todger
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock