Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28 Refilling Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Hardacre

Hi there,

When I am refilling my EcoTec Pro should I turn the left tap first or the tap or does it not matter?

Best wishes!

Thanks guys, just checking in case I did something wrong and messed up the boiler. :)

Sorry guys - just one more question. I filled the pressure up to 1.3 when cool. It's up to 2.4 bar and the heating is on. It's near the top line, but not quite there. Is this OK or have I filled it up a bit too much?

Many thanks again,
Mike.

Should be fine mike. Might as well try venting all upstairs rads which will drop it back a bit.

Sorry guys - just one more question. I filled the pressure up to 1.3 when cool. It's up to 2.4 bar and the heating is on. It's near the top line, but not quite there. Is this OK or have I filled it up a bit too much?

Many thanks again,
Mike.

If it's rising a bar from hot to cold, your vessel needs re charging. That's a GSR job.

Should be fine mike. Might as well try venting all upstairs rads which will drop it back a bit.

Thanks. I don't have any upstairs radiators. I'm guessing it's still OK? I have hot water and heat and I checked a few times and it didn't move past 2.4 bar. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks. I don't have any upstairs radiators. I'm guessing it's still OK? I have hot water and heat and I checked a few times and it didn't move past 2.4 bar. Fingers crossed :)

Yeah she'll be fine! Leo's just on the hard sell... :army:

Just make sure next time it's serviced, your engineer checks the pressure vessel. They're prone to going flat on the later Vaillants.

Just make sure next time it's serviced, your engineer checks the pressure vessel. They're prone to going flat on the later Vaillants.

Thanks for the tip Leo. It's due a service in June of this year so I'll ask the engineer about this specifically.

Ask him to change the Schrader valve before recharging, 9 times out of 10 the charge is lost through this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28 Refilling Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock