Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant boiler vibrating cold start in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Vaillant ecomax 18e boiler noise at cold start.

Replaced heat exchanger with reconditioned unit and new flue collector as kettling was getting problematic. Works fine except vibrating for around 10 seconds on cold start. Didn't do it before. Any ideas?

Are you the homeowner?

Get the gas engineer to loosen the case mounting hex bolts 1/2 a turn

He should of checked it

I suspect the bolts are tight vaillant did a tb a few years ago saying you need to loosen then and install copper grease due to problems with noise I’m guess as it was second hand it didn’t come with this information

Heat exchanger mounting bolts

Unable to track down the tb but have had a response from vaillant. The grease is to stop creaking and clicking noise which isn't the problem but the spec for tightening the nuts is only 6nm which I guess he overtightened with the water pump pliers he used. I noticed he also didn't replace the nuts with the new ones supplied with the flue collector. Not sure if that's important enough to get him to change when he loosens them.

Many thanks for your help. I'll post the outcome.

Unable to track down the tb but have had a response from vaillant. The grease is to stop creaking and clicking noise which isn't the problem but the spec for tightening the nuts is only 6nm which I guess he overtightened with the water pump pliers he used. I noticed he also didn't replace the nuts with the new ones supplied with the flue collector. Not sure if that's important enough to get him to change when he loosens them.

Many thanks for your help. I'll post the outcome.
Boiler now much quieter. Plumber loosened heat exchanger clamps slightly which helped but richening the gas mixture from 8.1% to the specified 9.1% seems to have resolved it many thanks to shauncorbs for his advice

Reply to Vaillant boiler vibrating cold start in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock