Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Using fire to heat radiators in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My current set up (images attached). I can heat my hot water tank (oldWood Fire.jpg) using the coal/wood fire , however how would I be able to use the fire to heat my radiators (7). I have recently moved into the house and I just cant see how its done. What would I need to buy to enable this?

Image descriptions
Coal/Wood Fire - (oldWood Fire.jpg)
Pipes coming from back of fire (pipes.jpg)
Inputs from fire to heat exchange (as I also have an oil boiler) heatingex.jpg
Red pump, pumps the hot water (from the heat exchange) to the radiators

Any help would be fab, thanks :)

Attachments

• heatingex.jpg
    heatingex.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 21
  • hotwatercilnder.jpg
    hotwatercilnder.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 19
  • oldWood Fire.jpg
    oldWood Fire.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 19
  • pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 17
Not sure how he finds your man, but if he hasn’t got qualifications it’s a “No” from me!
Might be a no from you but it still doesnt change the fact that whoever looks at it, they dont need an unvented ticket to look at a vented cylinder.

As to how OP “finds your man” - word of mouth is best.
An experienced ‘old boy’ will quite likely not have done G3 qualifications- but I’d rather have him for this job than a certificated inexperienced newbie.

Reply to Using fire to heat radiators in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock