Discuss Urinal flushing over bowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have been to a urinal that is flushing over the bowl, any fix. I have thought of putting a chrome service valve on the 22mm spargde pipe to lower the flow while it's flushing.

Hey I have been to a urinal that is flushing over the bowl, any fix. I have thought of putting a chrome service valve on the 22mm spargde pipe to lower the flow while it's flushing.
I had the same problem, and did exactly what your thinking of. . It worked

It looks to be draining ok, it seems to be the force of it coming down that is pushing it over the rim of the bowl.

I don't think he said it was "backing up" and spilling over, its due to the pressure/ volume of the flush,

it only takes a minor blockage on a urinal for it to come over slightly

If it's spraying over the sides its got the wrong spreader or if it's a slot it may be partially blocked creating greater pressure at the edges.

Use a junior hacksaw blade with the pin out, to clear the slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urinal flushing over bowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've seen a few threads with similar issues to mine, but none are exact. My conceala 2 cistern flushes fine, fills up and stops. But then it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to this forum and new to plumbing. Only just passed Level One plumbing. I am having to go back and look at a leak from the back of a...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hi guys. I noticed when I was cleaning the toilet the other day that there are some large cracks just under the rim jet area of my toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock