Discuss Urgent help needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt123

Evening guys, got a bit of a problem

ive come home tonight to find drops of water coning through the room ceiling

the house is a bungolow, i went into the attic to find a tank full to the brim and slowly coming over the side and onto the floorboards !

Now I dont have a clue about plumbing, but the tank is a small black plastic one, with 3 pipes connected to it, 1 plastic at the top, a copper one halfway down, and another copper one at the bottom

The water is luke warm to touch, and when i push the ballcock down, which is at the bottom of the tank, it fills up with cold water

What do I need to do to get the water down please, and also what could be the cause of this ?

Thanks v much for any advice

Matt

get a bucket and a jug and bail the tank out to get the level down you need to call a plumber asap

i agree you need a plumber asap. if you post your general location there may be someone on here close to you who can come out.

and if the level continues to rise then turn off your other tank.
if it doesn't have a valve then turn your mains stop tap off then open the hot tap in the kitchen.

Cheers for the replies guys

The house is a rented property and they have their own contractors

Rang them but they cant get here while tomorrow afternoon so wanted to see if it was a simple enough job to sort myself, obviously not

cheers

Matt

Ive also got an immersion heater downstairs, not sure if that effects anything

thanks again

Bail out the tank with a bit of luck it's just the ball valve. At worst it's your indirect cylinder coil has split in this case your need a new cylinde...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent help needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock