Discuss Urgent advice needed about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry but I'm really struggling to understand what a Combi boiler can possibly do to cause this. I think as we said before if there were stored water hot or cold then it would make more sense but I'm just struggling to understand how essentially a water heater could cause such symptoms. I'm kind of with a last plumber to have a water analysis carried out

You are 100 % right.

Baffled to say the very least here !

Are you sure it's not soap or a hand towel you're using ?
I know people who are affected by washing powder on clothing. If they use a different powder it brings them out in eczema !

Could it be that ?

Try non bio detergent for your clothes and baby soap for you. give it a couple of weeks.

I know the issue is mind boggling but there has been a sign of light at the end of the tunnel which might explain the root of the problem. It isn’t my washing powder/soaps or towels because I moved out for a few weeks used the exact same products etc.… and there was no issue with dry skin/itchiness/rash. The water has been tested by the council and so far, everything ticks the boxes.
Now what I did was turn the small back square cold water inlet stopcock clockwise (it is under the boiler on a pipe) more than halfway and now the hot water pressure isn’t exactly great however my skin is not dry, itchy and so far, no more tiny bumps or the appearance of a rash. Have I solved the problem only time will tell, but is it advisable to turn the cold water inlet stopcock clockwise as another two turns and it will turn off the hot water supply, fingers crossed this was the problem.

It may have sorted it for you but it's not right you shouldn't have to turn down the water going through the Combi it should restrict it to a suitable lpm allowing the boiler to heat it properly. Post a picture of what you've altered

It doesn't let me put the image up, it keeps saying denied and forbidden. I have found a pic of what it looks like when not attached to a pipe vokera cold water inlet stopcock.

This doesn't make any sense! Not dismissing your suffering at all, but as someone said earlier on, if the hot water were stored there could be a possibility of some contamination. As it is, your hot water is nothing more than your old water running through a heat exchanger. If the cold water doesn't bring you out in a rash, I really can't see how the hot can. Even if we accept that warming the water encourages some sort of microbial growth, the water is flowing, and heated on demand, so there's no time for bacterial or fungal growth!

I just cannot see how turning the cold water isolation valve down to reduce the flow could prevent the skin irritation, unless your skin is very delicate or thin, and the hot water flow is really strong, and causing a sort of abrasion injury to you? But then I'd expect the cold to do the same...

Very very odd! I hope you do get to the bottom of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent advice needed about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock