Discuss Unvented with boost pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at a job that I'm just pricing for and need some advice. It's a 2 floor flat with 1 bathroom. It has tenants in at moment but landlord will move back in a few years. Currently have an old neata heat boiler with dual cold water tank / header tank and copper hot water cylinder. She wants to replace all of this for a good system with good hot and cold water flow rates. I've suggest an unvented cylinder with a boost pump set due to a slow mains flow into flat. Heat only boiler with sealed system. Question is with regards to the boost pump. I've found one on line http://www.tankservices.co.uk/detai...DohrVYU8oxmBSbpNHqh4vbf-R6ewajPuFDBoCAl_w_wcB and it's £133 plus vat. Are these any good and do you think it's the right thing to do

how much stored water are you going to provide for the pump?

how much stored water are you going to provide for the pump?

Don't think he is lol just connected to the mains lol

Op you require a break tank as well

Of course I'm gonna use a break tank. A 200 litre one. Just wanted opinion if this is OTT or not for a 1 bathroom flat

Of course I'm gonna use a break tank. A 200 litre one. Just wanted opinion if this is OTT or not for a 1 bathroom flat

You need to make sure it can do 2.5 bar with 25lpm min so if it will yes but might be noisy

Yes it does 2.8 bar and a max flow of 5p litres a min. Noise did bother me. Can't find what dB it says it is on spec

Yes it does 2.8 bar and a max flow of 5p litres a min. Noise did bother me. Can't find what dB it says it is on spec

You will find normally it will do 50 lpm at the lowest pressure so just check before hand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented with boost pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock