Discuss Unvented cylinder - water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Also you can buy a cheap pressure tester that will screw on at your washing machine valve

J have done. Kitchen sink comes straight from boiler and hot is about 8lpm. Same as shower in loft. Test on outside tap is consistent with their test. Was definitely over 20lpm

And to be fair the incoming is the least of your worries with the abortion cylinder install

I may be hedging my bets here but is there a chance that these cowboys have actually accidentally bypassed the cylinder and your hot water is all coming from the Combi still

J have done. Kitchen sink comes straight from boiler and hot is about 8lpm. Same as shower in loft. Test on outside tap is consistent with their test. Was definitely over 20lpm

Cold water test the cold please

I will get somebody onto it. What are the main risks of having it on side?

No warranty could split due to not designed for that

Have they allowed for the weight load in that area

It’s not installed to spec. It won’t heat correctly, your drawing off hot water from half way up so it won’t be hottest if cylinder is going through a reheat

It wouldn’t as the water will take the easiest route and that’ll be to the kitchen tap

It does sit on a huge 'I' beam and this loft firm have done hundreds of these. Doesnt mean their installers haven't been completely useless!
Based on what you’ve told us I wouldn’t trust any of it and would be getting it independently signed off

I will do. Thanks for your advice. Its much appreciated. What i still dont understand though is why when i first used the shower on first floor it was like a power shower!
I don’t think it matters mate. Get it fixed properly and safely. Let us know how you go

Just one further question. The plumber put a pump on the cold water supply because he said without it i wouldnt get many showers worth. Is this kind of pump needed on vertically installed units or did he know what he was doing was rubbish and decided to get the best out of it? He advised at the time that he was going to tell the loft firm that it needed one.

Can't pump mains water

Pretty noisy as well

20181111_203818.jpg

20181111_203818.jpg

That pump is a secondary return pump

Only way they could install it is from the cold cylinder connection to the hot

But that won't work on your cylinder

If it's plumbed into the cold eg cold is flowing from the stop tap to this then out to your cylinder then that would add some restriction

Any chance on getting a bit more light in there ?

Either way won’t make a jot of difference to his issue i suppose. If it’s loud it could be dry

being used as a strat pump which with your cylinder doesnt do anything

I mean I’d be intrigued how he explains it all. I would ask him for a formal written explanation

If he was using it just as a secondary pump it could be to ensure no huge water draw off before you get hot at a tap

Another interesting part of the puzzle is that he said that loft firm owe him 10k and were trying to get him to sign contact retrospectively which said they were just an agent and the contract was between me and him. He was saying there was no way hes going to sign it...not sure where this leaves me legally!

These are the questions you need to ask. I would still say as he’s physically installed there is liability. Particularly as he’s installed it so wrong. Also it’s funny that he’s coming up with the excuses already

These are the questions you need to ask. I would still say as he’s physically installed there is liability. Particularly as he’s installed it so wrong. Also it’s funny that he’s coming up with the excuses already
Doesn't help the home owner but if the loft company put the wrong cylinder up there before the plumber started. They owe him money and are about to go bust and told him to make it work or he will never see his money
He may be stuck between a rock and hard place.

Reply to Unvented cylinder - water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock