Discuss Unvented cylinder size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

On a 10 min shower at 10lpm it’s 67l hot etc so even if your doing 20 mins or 20lpm over 10 mins it’s 134l etc

Have a look at eph hot water priority kit

We should all be trying to conserve water not waste it there will for definite be a water shortage again this year as the weather has been to dry with no rainfall , and global warming 10 - 20 litres a minute is wasting water in my book I always install a 8 litre flow restrictor in shower heads and handsets it enough for a good shower, and save my customers money over the year, priority hot water is a good option as below but your boiler must be compatible to use this type of control and electricians often struggle to wire them mainly because there's not enough wires installed at the boiler or wiring centre . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301-062320.png
    Screenshot_20230301-062320.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230301-062331.png
    Screenshot_20230301-062331.png
    261.6 KB · Views: 8
A 150 is plenty in my opinion. Even if there were 4 of you it would probably cope working on 10 litres per min over 7 minutes each shower. Reheat times are quick 70% in around 18 min, full in 26 min depending on make. Don't forget, you are mixing hot and cold. Varies a bit depending on cold temperature and hot store temperature, needs assessing by installer.

I see whopping cylinders in houses these days where there is absolutely no need. Some houses have more hot water than hotels and nursing homes I have worked in.

No point heating large volumes of water just for them to sit losing heat.

We should all be trying to conserve water not waste it there will for definite be a water shortage again this year as the weather has been to dry with no rainfall , and global warming 10 - 20 litres a minute is wasting water in my book I always install a 8 litre flow restrictor in shower heads and handsets it enough for a good shower, and save my customers money over the year, priority hot water is a good option as below but your boiler must be compatible to use this type of control and electricians often struggle to wire them mainly because there's not enough wires installed at the boiler or wiring centre . Kop
Valid points taken on board...
So are you saying the smaller cylinder is the best option??

With the above kit any boiler is

A 150 is plenty in my opinion. Even if there were 4 of you it would probably cope working on 10 litres per min over 7 minutes each shower. Reheat times are quick 70% in around 18 min, full in 26 min depending on make. Don't forget, you are mixing hot and cold. Varies a bit depending on cold temperature and hot store temperature, needs assessing by installer.

I see whopping cylinders in houses these days where there is absolutely no need. Some houses have more hot water than hotels and nursing homes I have worked in.

No point heating large volumes of water just for them to sit losing heat.
A 150l...🤷 really??

Reply to Unvented cylinder size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
H
Sizing an indirect H/W cylinder. What size of H/W cylinder would I need for a property with 9 bathrooms?
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock