Discuss Unvented cylinder size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

200/210 or 250l indirect unvented cylinder...

Pros and cons of both please guys, whats the thinking??
Better to go bigger, or are there other considerations to be thought of....?

Oso cylinders are also a good choice recently fitted this one I'd of thought 210 litres would be enough for 2 people but if your taking long showers and baths stagger the heating and primary heat times or get your system wired for priority hot water . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20230127_083703314_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20230127_083703314_MFNR.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 14
How many bedrooms (how many people could comfortably live there)
Is it likely to increase from the two of you?
Do you both shower or use the bath? If you use the bath is it daily?
Would you shower one after the other?
Average shower time in UK is apparently 7 minutes although personally I can't see how you can be in there that long.
Would you say that's correct?
What boiler is heating this cylinder? Is it a modern condensing boiler?

Oso cylinders are also a good choice recently fitted this one I'd of thought 210 litres would be enough for 2 people but if your taking long showers and baths stagger the heating and primary heat times or get your system wired for priority hot water . Kop
Looks nice and compact, id not seen these....wired for priority hot water...is this just a change in the control box wiring??

How many bedrooms (how many people could comfortably live there)
Is it likely to increase from the two of you?
Do you both shower or use the bath? If you use the bath is it daily?
Would you shower one after the other?
Average shower time in UK is apparently 7 minutes although personally I can't see how you can be in there that long.
Would you say that's correct?
What boiler is heating this cylinder? Is it a modern condensing boiler?
4 bedroom, maybe will at somepoint, yes, both shower, and usually after each other, probably spend way more than 7 mins at a time tbh!
Boiler is a 330i...i think....badged as a british gas...

Is the genaral oppinion, that it is better to go for a smaller unit and rely on the fact that they heat recovery is quicker or go for a larger unit and heat more than maybe required, on the basis that heat loss is better than it use to be....

Reply to Unvented cylinder size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
H
Sizing an indirect H/W cylinder. What size of H/W cylinder would I need for a property with 9 bathrooms?
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock