Discuss Unexplained water usage overnight ... in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

So it’s not internal so either leak externally or someone else it tapped into your supply

Leak seaker required

Might be worth contacting someone like This
Thanks @ShaunCorbs ... I've already had the smart meter replaced as Thames Water originally thought that I may have been spurred with my neighbour so that's now been ruled out. Thames Water are saying that there must be a leak between the street and the stopcock under the kitchen sink but I'm not convinced. Can you post the URL here please as I'm getting "page not found". Thanks for taking the time to try and help me resolve this - it's hugely appreciated. Happy New Year! :)

It’s blocked by the filter best I can do

If you Google the leak detective uk should be the same as picture below

Attachments

• 349C67CD-0B30-4E3E-A9F0-77200D66C62D.png
    349C67CD-0B30-4E3E-A9F0-77200D66C62D.png
    468.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks @ShaunCorbs ... I've already had the smart meter replaced as Thames Water originally thought that I may have been spurred with my neighbour so that's now been ruled out. Thames Water are saying that there must be a leak between the street and the stopcock under the kitchen sink but I'm not convinced. Can you post the URL here please as I'm getting "page not found". Thanks for taking the time to try and help me resolve this - it's hugely appreciated. Happy New Year! :)
Another random thought ... could it be something to do with the old back-boiler not having been properly disconnected? I'm wondering if the old system worked on the "Economy 7" type heating style we used to have back in the day where it runs overnight. Sounds crazy I guess, but that's how mad it's driven me that I'm clutching at anything to try and understand this.

Could it be a water softner highly efficient softeners may generate every day or even multiple times a day.

Still happens if the main internal stop tap is off so I wouldn’t say it was

Another random thought ... could it be something to do with the old back-boiler not having been properly disconnected? I'm wondering if the old system worked on the "Economy 7" type heating style we used to have back in the day where it runs overnight. Sounds crazy I guess, but that's how mad it's driven me that I'm clutching at anything to try and understand this.

Only way would be if it’s refilling a tank in the loft etc

Reply to Unexplained water usage overnight ... in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock