Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davidgreer

Hi, I'm a new poster but need a bit of help.

any idea how I can raise the temperature of the water here? I presume this is why my heating isn't working very well.

image.jpgimage.jpg

When did It stop working? Usually turn blue knob towards floor, listen when system is on and you will hear a pitch change as different (hot water blends. More likely to be the bypass is open or one of the two port valves has died. Are any pipes hot? Where is heat coming from looks like you have a plate exchanger ? Is that hot ( silver ripply thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for replying, it is working, but I don't it's as good as it should be. I was told the temperature on the gauge should be higher. Also I think the boiler cuts in a lot. It's a 900sq apartment btw. The pipes are sort of lukewarm, the plate exchanger is hot yes. The blue knob appears to be at Max?

Take off the blue head and you may be able to increase temp then
Btw your pressure is to high it's nearly at 3 bar

Take off the blue head and you may be able to increase temp then
Btw your pressure is to high it's nearly at 3 bar

Turn to max and remove knob, remove knob, turn it to min in air then out it back on , turn to max again.

I couldn't remove the blue knob, it's got a screw in it and it's awkwardly positioned.

I have the timers heating up to 22 in the morning for a couple of hours, dropped to 18, then going back to 22 in the evening.

What at temperature should this be showing?

Thanks.

You will need the air separator, fitted to the top of the manifolds as I'm sure that is "contraflow" pipe. It is like rubber hose with no oxygen barrier. Sucks air in like a good un. Very prone to sludge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock