Search the forum,

Discuss UFH From Buffer Tank - Is 'Boiler Enable' call for heat required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All, hopefully a simple question, but wanted to ask those who've a bit more experience than myself.

Obviously an UFH system would normally (in a typical gas/combi boiler scenario) send a call for heat from the boiler, firing the boiler into life.

I have a Biomass (wood pellet) boiler (with buffer tank) and I've installed an UFH system which draws water from a buffer tank through the UFH pump - so is a 'boiler enable' feed from the UFH system (to the boiler) actually required?

My thought being the heat is already present in the buffer tank, so when a thermostat switches the UFH system (i.e. the pump) on, surely sending a call for heat to the boiler is unnecessary? of course if the UFH draw causes the buffer tank temperature to drop, then this would be detected and create a call for heat from the boiler through the boiler's own system - separate to the UFH entirely?

Hopefully the above makes sense - I just wanted a sanity check that I was doing the right thing - Any questions/additional info required - please let me know.

(apologies if this should fall into the 'renewables' section - I assumed the principles would apply to a buffer tank regardless of heat source)

Many thanks in advance!

Much what I intend to do later this year. To me it makes sense to control the boiler firing by sensing the temperature of the buffer tank rather than having the UFH call the boiler for heat. We are thinking alike (but remember that fools seldom differ).

Reply to UFH From Buffer Tank - Is 'Boiler Enable' call for heat required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a 3 storey house built in 1904. We put UFH in the house about 20 years ago. Works well with newish gas boiler. Just curious... I know heat pumps are meant for tightly insulated modern house ... but.. Question: Given that my UFH is always at a low temperature - Could I feed UFH with...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
I am doing heavy house renovation and want to have ufh (multizone) at the ground floor and radiators on upper floors. I want to have consistent controls, with manifolds feeding both the ufh loops and radiators, and the same type thermostats controlling both (depending on the room, the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock