Discuss Turning off outside taps before the cold weather hits. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

How many times do we have to remind people to turn off the feed and open outside taps before the cold weather sets in? This is the site that greeted me yesterday morning.
CQ9R3592.jpg

Shame I don't listen to my own advice. Walked out of the back door to be reminded that I hadn't shut the water to the outside taps off. I then spent twenty minutes freeing off the stop taps that I hadn't exercised frequently like I also recommend that people do. I think I've got away with the other three taps.

I hang a wee card on the iso valve on all outside tap installs saying to turn the water off in cold weather and basic instructions on how to do so/drain it down etc. Covers my back if they forget.

i fitted a iso valve to mine when i fitted it years ago dont think i have ever turned it,my performa combi is normally due for a service when it leaks or breaks down through neglect,my bathrooms still not finished.......

Saw a boiler flue that looked like that the other day Mike were the installer neglected to tilt the flue back enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Turning off outside taps before the cold weather hits. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock