Discuss Turning branch on soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparky3659

Hi all,

im about to replace my bathroom suite, and wish to move my toilet 90degrees onto another wall. I have checked the soil stack and can see it's a plastic one with what appears to be a push fit branch. I understand that twisting it round probably won't work, so I guess the second option is to replace the branch. Is this an easy thing to do, for someone of moderate DIY experience? If so, how do I do it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 54
Looks like that push fit branch goes into
A glued boss below. You'll need to get under that and renew from there. Soil is fairly easy to do so long as you use lube on push fit glue fitting and pipe on solvent weld and don't forget to chamfer your edges

Ive just done this on the last bathroom I've just finished, looks identical

We tried removing the branch but it would not come even though we tried everything,
Had to replace the whole soil stack in the end, easiest and best option

someone has used a lot of glue there, probably need to rip out and replace all new bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Turning branch on soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock